I have been meaning to blog more lately, but I just can’t find the time. I’m going to make more of an effort from now on – promise! Here are a few things that have happened over the last couple of weeks (WARNING – this might be long and random):
· We finally sold our rental house. It was damaged in a tornado this past January and we took this opportunity to get rid of it. This was our first home and we have many memories from living there, but the truth is that I have never liked that house and I’m glad we sold it.
· I have been on the search for a new facial cleanser and I’ve finally found the perfect one for me and I’m obsessed – Origins Checks and Balances. Love.
· Brad surprised me with an iPad for Mother’s Day. I can’t picture myself ever using a laptop again – I love it! However, Addi thinks it’s her new toy. I have downloaded several free apps that she can play with and she wants to “pay” all the time. I bought this cool case for when she uses it…it has handles and I don’t have to really worry about her messing it up if she drops it.
· I surprised Brad with an iPad for our anniversary. We are both only children and therefore we don’t do very well with sharing. He needed his own – haha.
· Wednesday, May 16th, was the one year anniversary of my dad’s death. I’m not gonna lie, it’s been a tough year, but we are still celebrating that he is in a much better place.
· Brad and I celebrated our four year anniversary. I thank God every day for putting him in my life and putting up with me. 🙂
· I have discovered Overnight Oats. This recipe has probably been around for a while, but I’m just now trying it. Usually, in the mornings I’m rushing around like a mad person trying to find something to wear, ironing clothes and finding Addi’s socks (where do they all go??). I never have time to cook breakfast, so I usually end up going to a drive thru or just not eating at all. The great thing about this recipe is that you make it all the night before and it’s actually good for you! I added some cocoa powder and splenda to mine to make it like chocolate oatmeal – yum!
· I’m always
making fun of teasing Brad about being cheap. He would love to save every dime we make, but we all know that isn’t exactly possible. But, we have worked very hard to build up our savings to buy me a new car. Now that we have bought it, it’s time to start saving again for something else! Here is what he bought me (LOVE IT!)…
· We have booked a trip to VEGAS with some friends. I can hardly contain myself I’m so excited! If any of y’all have ever been please let me know the must see places and things to do. I have already done a little research and my Vegas “to-do” list keeps getting longer!
· Last night we celebrated what would have been my dad’s 62nd birthday. We met my mom at a local Chinese restaurant and then had Dreamcakes for dessert. I have a leftover cupcake for lunch today and I can’t wait to eat it – they are the best!!!
Well, I think that just about covers our life from the past couple of weeks! I hope everyone has a SAFE and FUN Memorial Day weekend. Ours will be filled with birthday parties and family time!